- iGraph-Lite, an accessibility tool for statistical graphs for blind
and visually-impaired people,
- Formal representation and querying of graphical representations of
- Algorithms for Natural Language Generation.
(in reverse chronological order)
- [ 2011 ] Program Committee, European Natural Language Generation, Nancy, France
- [ 2011 ] Posters and Demos Chair, Assets 2011, Dundee, Scotland.
- [ 2011 ] General Chair, W4A2011, Hyderabad, India.
- [ 2010-present ] Reviewer, ACM TACCESS
- [ 2010 ] Program Committee,
Speech And Language Processing For Assistive Technologies.
- [ 2010 ] Program Committee, 2nd International UIMA workshop.
- [ 2010 ] Program Committee, ASSETS 2010.
- [ 2010 ] Reviewer, CHI 2010
- [ 2010 ] Program Co-Chair (with Cynthia Shelly, Microsoft, USA),
W4A 2010, Raleigh, NC, co-located with WWW2010. See the
ACM DL Proceedings!
- [ 2009 ] Program Committee member, ENLG 2009, and Chair of the
Special Track on Vague Language Generation.
- [ 2009 ] Chair, Accessibility Challenge at the W4A 2009 Conference in
Madrid, collocated with the WWW 2009.
- [ 2008-present ] Reviewer, Taylor & Francis NRHM Special Issue from
- [ 2008 ] Reviewer and Guest Editor for Taylor & Francis Special Issue on Web
Accessibility in the Journal
New Review of Hypermedia and Multimedia (appeared 2008, see here).
- Ferres, L., Lindgaard, G.,
L. 2010. Evaluating a tool for improving accessibility to complex visual objects. In
Proceedings of the 12th international ACM SIGACCESS Conference on
Computers and Accessibility (Orlando, Florida, USA, October 25 -
27, 2019). Assets '10. ACM, New York, NY. (Pre-print version. Final
version will be available from the ACM DL in late October.)
- Dumontier, M. Ferres, L.,
Villanueva-Rosales. Modeling and querying graphical representations of statistical data. Journal
of Web Semantics, 2010.
- Ferres, L., Verkhogliad, P., Lindgaard, G., Boucher, L., Chretien,
A., and Lachance, M. 2007. Improving accessibility to statistical
graphs: the iGraph-Lite system. In Proceedings of the 9th
international ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and
Accessibility (Tempe, Arizona, USA, October 15 - 17, 2007). Assets
'07. ACM, New York, NY, 67-74. DOI=
Wed Jan 26 08:55:03 2011